Gainesville- A new ESPN release has rocked the Gator Nation.
ESPN’s Paula Lavigne and Mark Schlabach are reporting that Florida Gators star WR Antonio Callaway and former QB Treon Harris are accused of sexually assaulting a woman in early December of 2015.
Both players have been suspended since January, and only recently was Callaway allowed to return to campus to attend classes and work out with the football team.
Head coach Jim McElwain said at Florida’s media day on Wednesday that there was no status change on Callaway as far as when he would return.
Earlier on Wednesday, the Gainesville Sun’s Robbie Andreu reported that sources confirmed that Callaway would be eligible to play in the opener on September 3.
Harris announced last month his intentions to transfer from UF.
According to the ESPN report the victim has boycotted the Title IX hearing upon learning that a prominent Gators booster will preside.
The victims attorney John Clune said “this has been a difficult decision but as I previously indicated, the fact that UF has hired a football booster to adjudicate a sexual assault against one of the teams own football players is a fundamentally skewed process which (the victim) refuses to participate.”