Final: Florida 70, Nevada 61
The Florida Gators are moving on in the NCAA Tournament, but they didn’t make it easy on themselves.
Florida owned a second half lead of 18 points but sat back and watched as Nevada roared to get within two in the late stages of the game.
The Gators led 54-37 after a Noah Locke three-pointer with 11:01 remaining, but Nevada didn’t give up. Behind a barrage of offensive rebounds and second chances, the Wolf Pack responded with a 10-2 run that put Nevada within ten points.
With 3:30 remaining Nevada F Caleb Martin sank a pair of free throws to make it a 61-59 game.
Andrew Nembhard hit a layup with 1:38 left and Dontay Bassett dunked to put Florida up 67-61 with :47 seconds that essentially sealed the victory for Florida.
- Keyontae Johnson recorded his third career double-double, finishing with 10 points and 10 rebounds.
- Kevarrius Hayes finished with a team high 16 points, but fouled out in the final minutes.
- Jalen Hudson added 15 points on 5-13 from the field and 3-7 from three-point land.
- The Gators shot 45% and held Nevada to 35% from the floor.
- Nevada outrebounded Florida 40-31 with a 19-10 edge in offensive boards.
Florida isn’t done yet. The Gators will face the winner of the #2 Michigan-#15 Montana game.
Check back for an update and keep an eye out for our preview coming tomorrow evening.