The Florida Gators are starting to pick up some momentum in recruiting. After securing 4-star IMG Academy OG Curtis Dunlap, Jr. on Tuesday, the Gators have landed the commitment of 4-star TE Kyle Pitts.
Pitts is a 6-6, 239 lb Tight End from Warminster, PA. Pitts attends Archbishop Wood High School in the Philadelphia suburb.
Pitts is the #153 prospect in the ESPN 300 and ranks as the #2 TE prospect in the country. Pitts had a final three of Florida, Georgia, and Virginia Tech, but also had offers from many of the top programs in the country including Alabama.
Pitts is the ninth prospect to commit to the Gators for the 2018 cycle with Florida’s biggest recruiting event, Friday Night Lights, set for Friday.
4-star TE Kyle Pitts rides a roller coaster to his commitment 🎢
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) July 20, 2017
The 2018 Florida Gators commits:
- S Amari Burney
- OG Curtis Dunlap, Jr.
- RB Iverson Clement
- DB Divaad Wilson
- WR Corey Grammage
- ATH Jalynn Williams
- DE Taylor Upshaw
- TE/OT Jalen Goes
- S Deontai Williams (Juco)
- Tim Tebow scores game winning run, injures hand
- FB: Gators C TJ McCoy named to Rimington Trophy watchlist
- SB: Jennifer Rocha accepts position at Oklahoma
- FB: Gators LB David Reese named to Bednarik watchlist
- Peter Alonso homers in MLB Futures Game, Buddy Reed also goes 1-2 in Team USA victory