The Florida Gators football team is now in the AP College Football Top 25 after a 53-6 rout of Charleston Southern.
The Gators were left off the preseason poll, but a performance featuring five touchdowns from quarterback Feleipe Franks and a defense that recorded three sacks and an INT on the night puts them in the 25th spot.
Only two teams fell out of the top 25. In-state rival Florida State after a disappointing 24-3 game against Virginia Tech. The Seminoles were previously ranked 19th. The Texas Longhorns (previously No. 23) took a 34-19 loss against Maryland.
The Miami Hurricanes dropped from 8th to 21st after taking a 33-17 L at the hands of LSU, who jumped 10 spots from 25 to 15.
Here is the full poll:
- Alabama W 51-14 over Louisville. (After his performance against the Cardinals, QB Tua Tagovailoa will once again take the starting job over incumbent Jalen Hurts when the Crimson Tide takes on Arkansas State this weekend).
- Clemson W 48-7 over Furman
- Georgia W 45-0 over Austin Peay
- Ohio State W 77-31 over Oregon State
- Oklahoma W 63-14 over Florida Atlantic
- Wisconsin W 34-3 over Western Kentucky
- Auburn W 21-16 over No. 6 Washington
- Notre Dame W 24-17 over No. 14 Michigan
- Stanford W 31-10 over San Diego State
- Penn State W 45-38 over App. State (OT)
- Washington L 21-16 against No. 9 Auburn
- USC W 43-21 over UNLV
- Michigan State W 38-31 over Utah State
- Virginia Tech W 24-3 over FSU
- LSU W 33-17 over No. 8 Miami
- TCU W 55-7 over Southern University
- West Virginia W 40-14 over Tennessee (Tennessee was the only SEC team to lose Week 1).
- Mississippi State W 63-6 over Stephen F. Austin
- Boise State W 56-20 over Troy
- UCF W 56-17 over UConn
- Miami L 33-17 against No. 25 LSU
- MIchigan L 24-17 against No. 12 Notre Dame
- Oregon W 58-24 over Bowling Green
- South Carolina W 45-15 over Coastal Carolina (New addition to AP Poll)
- Florida W 53-6 over Charleston Southern (New addition to AP Poll)